Ramadan during the Circuit Breaker is different but does not mean it should be less meaningful. Here are some ways to keep the meaning of Ramadan alive with your family and friends.
1. #Supportlocal through online Ramadan bazaar stores
The annual Ramadan bazaars may be cancelled but you can still support these businesses by ordering from them online! Some of these stalls include:
- – Charkoi (youtiao manis): Think youtiao but with an extra flair from toppings such as nutella, oreo, spicy tuna mayo and chicken floss. Order here.
- – Broti (iced tea): In the mood for some milk tea? There’s the OG Thai milk tea, green milk tea and earl grey milk tea! Order here.
- – Beef Bro (mentaiko beef cubes): Besides their signature beef cube and mentaiko dish, mentaiko pasta, bento sets and truffle fries are also available for delivery till 2 am! Order here.
If you’re looking for more than just food, here are 2 virtual bazaars for you to browse around:
2. Break fast virtually with your friends and extended family
Video call your loved ones through Whatsapp, ZOOM or Skype! And if you want to take it up a notch, play a trivia game or a game of pictionary with them on Houseparty.
3. Get your halal groceries online and deliver your home-cooked food to the doorstep of your loved ones
Can’t leave the house? We’ve gathered 3 Halal supermarkets that deliver! After you’ve whipped a feast, share the love with your loved ones staying apart from you through delivery services such as Grab, Lalamove and Ninja Van!
Suzy Ameer sells a variety of Halal frozen meats, baking products, and a wide range of Halal instant pastes including curry, rendang, and mee rubus so it’s convenient even for newbies to cook up a storm!
Order here. Minimum order for free delivery: $150
Besides an extensive spread of frozen meat, seafood and frozen pastes, My Nikmart also stocks plenty of Halal ready-to-eat meals and snacks such as nasi lemak with rendang, seaweed chicken and more!
If you wanna treat yourself to some desserts, there’s also Halal Magnum ice-cream, eclairs, and Ramadan and Raya essentials such as dates, pineapple tarts, and kuih bangkit!
Order here. Minimum order for free delivery: $49.90
7mall.shop especially caters to the needs of the elderly so the Pioneer Generation is eligible for free delivery regardless of the amount they order. And to make things easier for the elderly, they can just call (6440 1258) or Whatsapp (91060467) to order their groceries.
Order here. Minimum order for free delivery: $70
4. Give back to the community
We are going some challenging times, especially with the COVID-19 situation. Whether you’re donating in cash or in-kind, here are some ways you can give back in Singapore:
- – Ramadan Charity Basket: Provide food and financial help to needy families in Singapore
- – Global Ehsan Relief: Sponsor food parcels and iftar meals to families affected by poverty
- – Let’s Belanja Ayam: Pledge a Meal for Low-Income Families in Ramadan
- – Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics: Support migrant workers through Covid-19 and beyond
- – Singapore Red Cross: Donate blood to save lives! Reserves are low for types A-,O-, AB+ and AB-
A Meaningful Ramadan Celebration at Home
Experiencing Ramadan amidst the circuit breaker may be a greater test, but we will stay strong and united if we #stayhome with our loved ones. Selamat berpuasa from all of us at Royal Plaza on Scotts!
Featured Image Credit: baramyou0708