In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the hotel has been following the National Environment Agency’s Sanitation and Hygiene advisory for Hotel Operators.
We Are Getting Squeaky Clean to Welcome You Again!
- – Deep cleaning and sanitisation of the hotel, including public areas and guest rooms. Hospital-grade disinfectants are used for these processes. Surfaces, corridors, curtains etc. are sanitised.
- – All bedding and towels are washed in water heated to 90ºC and treated with disinfectants, sanitising solutions and UV light.
- – Carpets and upholstery are shampoo-washed with environmentally-friendly cleaning agents and hospital-grade germicidal cleaner at least once every week.
Hotel & Public Areas
- – There is an increase in the frequency of sanitisation of public areas, especially high-touch areas. These include the main entrance, guest facilities, sofas and lifts. Sanitisation is scheduled at least every 2 hours with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- – Hospital-grade hand sanitisers are available at lift landing on all guest’s floors, restaurant entrance and reception counter.
- – Sanitisation every two hours for hotel washrooms.
- – Scotts Lounge is closed until further notice.
- – Hospital-grade disinfectant (Presept® tablets) are used in cleaning solutions as an added disinfectant to kill viruses and bacteria.
- – Cash-free contactless payments are encouraged and available at Front Office and Carousel. Electronic invoices will be sent via email, if required.
- – Room key cards are sanitised and treated with UV light after each use.
- – Increase frequency of servicing and cleaning of individual air-conditioner units in each guest room.
- – Rooms are sprayed with germs killer as an additional step to ensure a sanitised and hygienic environment.
- – All high touch surface areas in rooms and public areas such as lift buttons and door handles are treated with SDST self-disinfecting coating.
- – High-touch surfaces in the room like light switches, door handles, thermostats, bed frame, nightstands, table tops, chair arms and backs, curtain and blind pulls, bins, hairdryers, wall switches, telephones and safebox buttons and knob are sanitised with hospital grade disinfectants.
- – Disinfecting wipes, antibacterial gels and soaps are available in every room.
Carousel Buffet Restaurant
- – Dining reservations are required.
- – Unvaccinated individuals will no longer be able to take a negative Pre-Event Test (PET) to dine in at F&B establishments. Only those who are fully vaccinated, have recovered from COVID-19, are medically ineligible for all COVID-19 vaccines under the National Vaccination Programme or are children aged 12 years and below (i.e. born in or after 2010) will be allowed to dine in at F&B establishments. From 15 March 2022, any unvaccinated child aged 12 years and below (i.e. born in or after 2010) can be included within a group entering premises or participating in activities with Vaccination-Differentiated SMMs (VDS). These children need not be from the same household. For more information about the restrictions, please refer to Ministry of Health’s website.
- – A text message indicating the table number will be sent to diners on the day of dining. Flash the message upon arrival to reduce contact time at the counter.
- – From 30 April 2022, the buffet will be presented in an self-service buffet format. Automatic sensor hand sanitisers are placed at the starting and ending points of all buffet counters for diners usage.
- – Diners are to don on their masks every time they leave the table.
- – Acrylic partitions are installed at the buffet stations and open kitchens to prevent contamination. Diners are not allowed to touch the partitions.
- – High touch points such as countertops, tables and chairs are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants frequently.
- – As an enhanced hygiene measure, contactless payment is encouraged. PayNow and Paywave are available at Carousel.
- – For guests staying with us and prefer dining in the comfort of their rooms, breakfast bentos at additional charge can be ordered via our room service menu.
Weddings, Meetings & Events
- – Marriage receptions are allowed to take place with up to 120 guests at our largest venue (including the wedding couple but excluding solemnisers and vendors). Guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- – Clear acrylic partitions enhancing safe distancing are provided upon request.
- – Event venues are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants prior to the arrival of guests, during coffee breaks and after the departure of guests.
- – Housekeeping attendants are stationed at the washrooms to ensure frequent sanitisation.
- – Please note that government agencies may request footage of weddings (including videos and photos) to conduct checks and investigations on adherence to the safe management measures.
- – From 1 April 2022, all fully vaccinated travellers and non-fully vaccinated children aged 12 and below from any country or region will be able to enter Singapore under the new Vaccinated Travel Framework.
- – (For overseas guests travelling to Singapore) The hotel accepts the following bookings:
> All fully vaccinated travellers and non-fully vaccinated children aged 12 and below from any country or region
> Travellers under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) travel lane
> For unvaccinated or partially-vaccinated guests, eligible Long-term Pass Holder or Short-term visitor up to 30 days from day of arrival with valid entry approval. Do note that these guests will not be able to enter VDS settings such as dine-in.
- – The hotel will require guest to declare and provide documents if they are travelling under Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) or for unvaccinated short term visitors entering for exceptional reasons. The hotel reserves the right to reject the booking if the necessary documents are not provided.
- – For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by end of 2022. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subjected to availability and any rate differences.
- – To facilitate a quicker check in, guest may pre-register before arrival by submitting their details via this link.
- – Guests with luggage, strollers or with limited mobility can drop off at the main entrance for easier access.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Direct Bookings (from now until end of 2022)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 6pm on your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 48 hours before your arrival date.
Online Travel Agent Bookings (from now until end of 2022)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours before your arrival date.
For I Prefer Members
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is more committed than ever to supporting I Prefer Members. We are taking the following steps to protect your hard-earned benefits and ease any worries you may have about your status and points:
- – All I Prefer Elite Members globally will maintain their status through June 30, 2022, regardless of their travel activity this year.
Our associates are also receiving ongoing updates and standard operating procedures are enhanced with the development of the situation. For further updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last Updated: 10 August 2022