Please know that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees are of top priority to us. In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the hotel has been following the National Environment Agency’s Sanitation and Hygiene advisory for Hotel Operators.
We Are Getting Squeaky Clean to Welcome You Again!
- – Deep cleaning and sanitisation of the hotel, including public areas and guest rooms. Hospital-grade disinfectants are used for these processes. Surfaces, corridors, curtains etc. are sanitised.
- – All bedding and towels are washed in water heated to 90ºC and treated with disinfectants, sanitising solutions and UV light.
- – Carpets and upholstery are shampoo-washed with environmentally-friendly cleaning agents and hospital-grade germicidal cleaner at least once every week.
Hotel & Public Areas
- – Mandatory temperature screening is conducted at our entrances, for guests and employees. We are also monitoring the temperature of our employees twice a day. Individuals with a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius and above will be denied access to the hotel.
- – Guests and employees observed to be coughing, sneezing, breathless, with runny nose or a fever (equal or greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius) are denied entry, given a mask and asked to seek medical advice immediately. The hotel has medical referral contacts readily available for guests and employees who are unwell.
- – Markers have been indicated at the reception and restaurant entrance to facilitate safe distancing.
- – Alternate counters are utilised for check-in and acrylic partitions are installed to ensure social distancing. Counter is sanitised before every guest is being attended to.
- – There is an increase in the frequency of sanitisation of public areas, especially high-touch areas. These include the main entrance, guest facilities, sofas and lifts. Sanitisation is scheduled at least every 2 hours with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- – Hospital-grade hand sanitisers are available at lift landing on all guest’s floors, restaurant entrance and reception counter.
- – Sanitisation every two hours for hotel washrooms.
- – To minimise contact and risk of cross-contamination, Scotts Lounge and Surau are closed until further notice.
- – SafeEntry digital check-in system developed by Singapore’s Government Technology Agency are put in place for the hotel, restaurant and facilities for contact tracing. All guests and employees are required to check-in and out as they enter and leave the premises.
- – Gatherings of more than 5 individuals are not allowed on the hotel premises, in compliance with local authorities’ Safe Management Measures.
- – Room service is temporarily unavailable.
- – The hotel’s swimming pool, gym and Surau are available at limited capacity.
- – Hospital-grade disinfectant (Presept® tablets) are used in cleaning solutions as an added disinfectant to kill viruses and bacteria.
- – Cash-free contactless payments are encouraged and available at Front Office and Carousel. Electronic invoices will be sent via email, if required.
- – Room key cards are sanitised and treated with UV light after each use.
- – Increase frequency of servicing and cleaning of individual air-conditioner units in each guest room.
- – Rooms are sprayed with germs killer as an additional step to ensure a sanitised and hygienic environment.
- – All high touch surface areas in rooms and public areas such as lift buttons and door handles are treated with SDST self-disinfecting coating.
- – High-touch surfaces in the room like light switches, door handles, thermostats, bed frame, nightstands, table tops, chair arms and backs, curtain and blind pulls, bins, hairdryers, wall switches, telephones and safebox buttons and knob are sanitised with hospital grade disinfectants. Sanitised TV remotes are sealed.
- – Sanitised room indicator is placed on the door after each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised by our housekeepers.
- – Disinfecting wipes, antibacterial gels and soaps are available in every room.
- – Disposable cups are provided in-room to avoid contamination.
Carousel A la Carte Buffet Restaurant
- – During this period, there will be a limited seating capacity. Dining reservations are required.
- – A text message indicating the table number will be sent to guests on the day of dining. Flash the message upon arrival to reduce contact time at the counter.
- – All diners are required to sanitise their hands before entering the restaurant.
- – Group bookings are allowed for a maximum of 5 guests.
- – Sneezeguards are installed at the open kitchens to prevent contamination.
- – High touch points such as countertops, tables and chairs are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants frequently.
- – Cutleries and serviette are packed and sealed in individual cases. Cases can be used to for mask storage while tucking in.
- – Tables at Carousel are spaced out at least 1-metre apart to facilitate safe distancing. Markers have also been indicated on the floor at Carousel’s entrance and at buffet stations.
- – All food preparation and service are handled with extra care by our employees who are wearing masks and gloves.
- – A la carte buffet will be served, in accordance with local regulations and guidelines. Guests can enjoy unlimited buffet servings, served right to their table. Guests can view the menus and place orders on their personal mobile devices via a QR code.
- – Enjoy classic gueridon service for meat carvings (during dinner) and take your pick from the desserts trolleys (during lunch and dinner) roving about the restaurant.
- – As an enhanced hygiene measure, contactless payment is encouraged. PayNow and Paywave are available at Carousel.
– For guests staying with us and prefer dining in the comfort of their rooms, breakfast bentos are available to-go.
Meetings & Events
- – The seats of meeting delegates are spaced out at least 1-metre apart, with clear acrylic partitions enhancing safe distancing.
- – Event venues are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants prior to the arrival of guests, during coffee breaks and after the departure of guests.
- – Housekeeping attendants are stationed at the washrooms to ensure frequent sanitisation.
- – All meeting delegates are required to fill in health declaration forms.
- – Please note that government agencies may request footage of weddings (including videos and photos) to conduct checks and investigations on adherence to the safe management measures.
As weddings are a higher-risk activity, please adhere closely to the safe management measures (SMMs) to prevent the spread of COVID and to keep your family and friends who are attending today’s event safe. Government agencies may request footage (including videos and photos) of the wedding to conduct checks and investigations on adherence to the SMMs.
Reservation and Flexible Cancellation Policy
- – For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by end of 2021. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subjected to availability and any rate differences.
- – To facilitate a quicker and safer check-in for guests and staff, guests with upcoming stays will need to provide mandatory guest details and submit health declaration forms at least 1 day prior to arrival.
Direct Bookings (from now until end of 2021)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 6pm on your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
Online Travel Agent Bookings (from now until end of 2021)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours before your arrival date.
For I Prefer Members
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is more committed than ever to supporting I Prefer Members. We are taking the following steps to protect your hard-earned benefits and ease any worries you may have about your status and points:
- – I Prefer Points that were scheduled to expire in 2020 have been extended through June 30, 2021
- – All I Prefer Elite Members globally will maintain their status through June 30, 2022, including members who were scheduled to downgrade in 2020 or 2021
No action is required for these extensions to occur, and they will be reflected in your account by the end of December 2020.
Our associates are also receiving ongoing updates and standard operating procedures are enhanced with the development of the situation. For further updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last Updated: 18 November 2020