Please know that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees are of top priority to us. In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the hotel has been following the National Environment Agency’s Sanitation and Hygiene advisory for Hotel Operators.
We Are Getting Squeaky Clean to Welcome You Again!
- – Deep cleaning and sanitisation of the hotel, including public areas and guest rooms. Hospital-grade disinfectants are used for these processes. Surfaces, corridors, curtains etc. are sanitised.
- – Carpets and upholstery are shampoo-washed with environmentally-friendly cleaning agent and hospital-grade germicidal cleaner.
Hotel & Public Areas
- – Temperature screening is conducted at our entrances, for guests and employees. We are also monitoring the temperature of our employees twice a day. Individuals with a temperature of 37.6°C and above will be denied access to the hotel.
- – Guests and employees with fever and respiratory symptoms such as cough and runny nose are denied entry and asked to seek medical advice immediately. The hotel has medical referral contacts readily available for guests and employees who are unwell.
- – Markers have been indicated at the reception and restaurant entrance to facilitate safe distancing.
- – Alternate counters are utilised for check-in and acrylic partitions are installed to ensure social distancing. Counter is sanitised before every guest is being attended to.
- – There is an increase in the frequency of sanitisation of public areas, especially high-touch areas. These include the main entrance, guest facilities, sofas and lifts. Sanitisation is scheduled at least every 2 hours with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- – Hospital-grade hand sanitisers are available at lift landing on all guest’s floors, restaurant entrance and reception counter.
- – Hourly sanitisation for hotel washrooms.
- – To minimise contact and risk of cross-contamination, the gym, pool, Scotts Lounge and Surau are closed until further notice.
- – SafeEntry digital check-in system developed by Singapore’s Government Technology Agency are put in place at hotel’s entrances for contact tracing. All guests and employees are required to check-in and out as they enter and leave the premises.
- – Room service is temporarily unavailable.
- – Increase frequency of servicing and cleaning of individual air-conditioner units in each guest room.
- – Rooms are sprayed with germs killer as an additional step to ensure a sanitised and hygienic environment.
Carousel Buffet Restaurant
- – All diners are required to sanitise their hands before entering the restaurant.
- – Sneezeguards have been installed at the buffet counters to protect food from contamination.
- – Food tongs are replaced frequently.
- – High touch points such as countertops, tables and chairs are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants frequently.
- – Disposable gloves are available for diners who would like to minimise contact with serving utensils and surfaces.
- – Tables at Carousel are spaced out at least 1-metre apart to facilitate safe distancing. Markers have also been indicated on the floor at Carousel’s entrance and at buffet stations.
- – Health declaration is required for all individuals.
- – Group bookings are allowed for a maximum of 5 guests.
Meetings & Events
- – The seats of meeting delegates are spaced out at least 1-metre apart, with clear acrylic partitions enhancing safe distancing.
- – Event venues are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants prior to the arrival of guests, during coffee breaks and after the departure of guests.
- – Housekeeping attendants are stationed at the washrooms to ensure frequent sanitisation.
- – All meeting delegates are required to fill in health declaration forms.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- – For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by 30 December 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subjected to availability and any rate differences.
- – For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
For I Prefer Members
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is more committed than ever to supporting I Prefer Members. We are taking the following steps to protect your hard-earned benefits and ease any worries you may have about your status and points:
- – All I Prefer Elite Members globally will maintain their status through June 30, 2021, regardless of their travel activity this year.
- – Preferred Hotels & Resorts is extending the points expiration date for all I Prefer Members globally through the end of August 2020. Therefore, any points you have in your account that were set to expire in the coming months will be available to redeem towards an I Prefer Rewards Certificate until August 31, 2020.
- – I Prefer member rate is fully cancellable until 31 December 2020.
Our associates are also receiving ongoing updates and standard operating procedures are enhanced with the development of the situation. For further updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last Updated: 2 Jun 2020