The hotel is currently in collaboration with the Government to fight against COVID-19. Please be assured that safe management measures are in place for our guests’ and employees’ safety.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the hotel has been following the National Environment Agency’s Sanitation and Hygiene advisory for Hotel Operators.
We Are Getting Squeaky Clean to Welcome You Again!
- – Deep cleaning and sanitisation of the hotel, including public areas and guest rooms. Hospital-grade disinfectants are used for these processes. Surfaces, corridors, curtains etc. are sanitised.
- – All bedding and towels are washed in water heated to 90ºC and treated with disinfectants, sanitising solutions and UV light.
- – Carpets and upholstery are shampoo-washed with environmentally-friendly cleaning agents and hospital-grade germicidal cleaner at least once every week.
Hotel & Public Areas
- – Mandatory temperature screening is conducted at our entrances, for guests and employees. We are also monitoring the temperature of our employees twice a day. Individuals with a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius and above will be denied access to the hotel.
- – Guests and employees observed to be coughing, sneezing, breathless, with runny nose or a fever (equal or greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius) are denied entry, given a mask and asked to seek medical advice immediately. The hotel has medical referral contacts readily available for guests and employees who are unwell.
- – Markers have been indicated at the reception and restaurant entrance to facilitate safe distancing.
- – Alternate counters are utilised for check-in and acrylic partitions are installed to ensure social distancing. Counter is sanitised before every guest is being attended to.
- – There is an increase in the frequency of sanitisation of public areas, especially high-touch areas. These include the main entrance, guest facilities, sofas and lifts. Sanitisation is scheduled at least every 2 hours with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- – Hospital-grade hand sanitisers are available at lift landing on all guest’s floors, restaurant entrance and reception counter.
- – Sanitisation every two hours for hotel washrooms.
- – Check-in and checkout timings are staggered for your safety and to minimise contact with other guests and staff. For more details, click here.
- – To minimise contact and risk of cross-contamination, Scotts Lounge and Surau are closed until further notice.
- – SafeEntry digital check-in system developed by Singapore’s Government Technology Agency are put in place for the hotel, restaurant and facilities for contact tracing. All guests and employees are required to check-in and out as they enter and leave the premises.
- – Gatherings of more than 8 individuals are not allowed on the hotel premises, in compliance with local authorities’ Safe Management Measures.
- – Room service is temporarily unavailable.
- – The hotel’s swimming pool, gym and Surau are available at limited capacity.
- – Hospital-grade disinfectant (Presept® tablets) are used in cleaning solutions as an added disinfectant to kill viruses and bacteria.
- – Cash-free contactless payments are encouraged and available at Front Office and Carousel. Electronic invoices will be sent via email, if required.
- – Room key cards are sanitised and treated with UV light after each use.
- – Gathering of more than 8 individuals is not allowed on hotel premises. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms.
- – Increase frequency of servicing and cleaning of individual air-conditioner units in each guest room.
- – Rooms are sprayed with germs killer as an additional step to ensure a sanitised and hygienic environment.
- – All high touch surface areas in rooms and public areas such as lift buttons and door handles are treated with SDST self-disinfecting coating.
- – High-touch surfaces in the room like light switches, door handles, thermostats, bed frame, nightstands, table tops, chair arms and backs, curtain and blind pulls, bins, hairdryers, wall switches, telephones and safebox buttons and knob are sanitised with hospital grade disinfectants. Sanitised TV remotes are sealed.
- – Sanitised room indicator is placed on the door after each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised by our housekeepers.
- – Disinfecting wipes, antibacterial gels and soaps are available in every room.
- – Disposable cups are provided in-room to avoid contamination.
Carousel Buffet Restaurant
- – During this period, there will be a limited seating capacity. Dining reservations are required.
- – Staggered meal hours will be in place to enhance social distancing at the restaurant. Diners have to dine in during their reserved timeslot.
- – A text message indicating the table number will be sent to diners on the day of dining. Flash the message upon arrival to reduce contact time at the counter.
- – All diners are required to sanitise their hands before entering the restaurant.
- – Each table will be limited to eight diners. Babies and toddlers are considered in the headcount based on the guidelines by Enterprise Singapore.
- – Multiple bookings are not allowed during the same meal period.
- – Intermingling between tables is not allowed.
- – Tables at Carousel are spaced out at least one metre apart to facilitate safe distancing.
- – The buffet will be presented in an assisted buffet format. Trained team members in masks and gloves will prepare and serve the dishes directly onto guests’ plates at the buffet lines. Diners are not allowed to help themselves at the counters.
- – Diners are to don on their masks every time they leave the table.
- – Diners are not allowed to pass plates back and forth between servers.
- – Diners are to maintain a one-metre distance from one another at the counters.
- – Diners are not allowed to talk or interact with others when in line, even if they are from the same dining party.
- – Markers will be in place at Carousel’s entrance for queue management and to ensure safe distancing.
- – Acrylic partitions are installed at the buffet stations and open kitchens to prevent contamination. Diners are not allowed to touch the partitions.
- – In line with the Safe Management Measures, live performances or activities such as singing for birthdays (or other celebrations) are not allowed.
- – High touch points such as countertops, tables and chairs are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants frequently.
- – Cutlery and a serviette are packed and sealed in individual cases. The cases can be used for mask storage.
- – Diners will enjoy classic gueridon service for desserts (during lunch and dinner) roving about the restaurant.
- – As an enhanced hygiene measure, contactless payment is encouraged. PayNow and Paywave are available at Carousel.
- – For guests staying with us and prefer dining in the comfort of their rooms, breakfast bentos are available to-go.
Meetings & Events
- – Each table will be limited to eight guests. Babies and toddlers are considered in the headcount based on the guidelines by Enterprise Singapore.
- – The seats of guests are spaced out at least 1-metre apart. Clear acrylic partitions enhancing safe distancing are provided upon request.
- – Event venues are sanitised with hospital-grade disinfectants prior to the arrival of guests, during coffee breaks and after the departure of guests.
- – Housekeeping attendants are stationed at the washrooms to ensure frequent sanitisation.
- – All guests are required to check-in and out digitally via SafeEntry.
- – Please note that government agencies may request footage of weddings (including videos and photos) to conduct checks and investigations on adherence to the safe management measures.
Reservation and Flexible Cancellation Policy
- – For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by end of 2021. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subjected to availability and any rate differences.
- – To facilitate a quicker and safer check-in for guests and staff, guests with upcoming stays will need to provide mandatory guest details and submit health declaration forms at least 1 day prior to arrival.
Direct Bookings (from now until end of 2021)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 6pm on your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
Online Travel Agent Bookings (from now until end of 2021)
- – For guests who book our Best Available Rate for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
- – For guests who book our room promotions for any future arrival date, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours before your arrival date.
For I Prefer Members
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is more committed than ever to supporting I Prefer Members. We are taking the following steps to protect your hard-earned benefits and ease any worries you may have about your status and points:
- – I Prefer Points that were scheduled to expire in 2020 have been extended through June 30, 2021
- – All I Prefer Elite Members globally will maintain their status through June 30, 2022, including members who were scheduled to downgrade in 2020 or 2021
No action is required for these extensions to occur, and they will be reflected in your account by the end of December 2020.
Our associates are also receiving ongoing updates and standard operating procedures are enhanced with the development of the situation. For further updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last Updated: 21 April 2021